Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Domestic Goddess?

I had been doing very well with the miscarriage, until last night. Something just hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I just can't help but feel that this whole thing is unfair, and as much as I would never wish this one anyone I feel like I don't understand why this happened to us and anyone else that we know who is pregnant. I had a hard time falling asleep last night since it was all I could think about. Luckily I got to sleep in today.

Usually on the nights that I have to work I don't make dinner. Today, however, I plan to. I'm going to make tacos. I know not too hard but I also made homemade salsa and Diet Root Beer Cake. Here are the recipes.

Salsa~
1 14.5 oz can tomatoes and green chili's (Rotel) (I couldn't find this size of can so I used a 10 oz can.)
1 14.5 oz can whole called tomatoes (plus juice)
4 teaspoons jalepenos (canned, diced - not pickled) (I don't use this many. I just cut up 2-3 slices.)
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
-----
1. In food processor place jalepenos and onions and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, garlic salt, sugar and cumin.
3. Process by pulsing until you reach desired consistency.
4. Refrigerate a few hours to help blend and enrich the flavor. (This step is crucial!)

Diet Root Beer Cake~
1 box vanilla cake mix
12 oz. Diet Root Beer
(You can use any combination you want.)
Fat Free Cool Whip
----
Mix the cake and soda together and bake according to box directions. Frost with Cool Whip.
----
I made two 8 inch round cakes and am going to attempt to make it into a layer cake. I'm sure it won't look too pretty.

Oh, and last thing, 11 days of school left until Summer Vacation!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.