Thursday, February 26, 2009

My current worry

Post Partum Depression. I don't know why but this really concerns me. I think about several things, what if I can't soothe my child, what if I can't ever figure out what she wants or needs, what if I realize I'm not cut out for motherhood, what if I go insane from being at the house all the time(that is totally not me), what if I hate my body afterwards. I think about all of these things and it really worries me. I know PPD is fairly common and I'm sure my Dr. will be willing to help me in every way he can but I just can't shake these feelings. I just hope and pray that me and the little girl get along great. I also worry about Corey going back to work. He doesn't get as much time off as I would have hoped. Since he changed jobs in December he can't use his vacation time until the end of May. He will be able to take about 1-1.5 weeks with his sick and discrestionary time but at least 2 of those days will be spent in the hospital. What if I can't do this by myself? Luckily he is in town and it's easy for him to stop by for a little bit here and a little bit there but I still worry. He works 12 hour shifts, what if I need a break? Will I ever get a break?

I think I'm just starting to get anxious and I've always had problems with anxiety. I just need to allow myself not to get worked up. Everything will work out!

1 comments:

Malinda said...

Hey Ashley,

Though I'm not a mom yet or expecting yet *fingers crossed it happens soon*

I have read a book recently that I think you might find some comfort in. It's called Let the baby drive. Its a great read, some laughter and some tears but what I love most is it's not a how to manual its just one woman's story.

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Baby-Drive-Navigating-Motherhood/dp/031232698X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235669527&sr=8-1

are you taking birthing classes? I'm sure there are some mommy groups to be found in your area. Baby swim, sign or music classes that you can join to ad a little routine to your weeks at home with baby. But I think more then anything just know there will be ups and downs and that you will find your way.