Thursday, February 5, 2009

28 weeks

I had a Dr. appointment today. I took my GD test and got my Rhogam shot. My blood pressure was high so the Dr. wants me to start taking it easy. I'm only supposed to be doing day to day activities. He told me no weekend shopping trips and not to go on long car trips. He did say at this point he's okay with me continuing my daily activities though. Part of me thinks it was only high because I knew I was going to be getting poked later. After I talked to the Dr. I had 5 minutes to drink the dreaded orange "soda". It actually didn't taste so bad but I had to fast so drinking it on an empty stomach wasn't so great. I tried to get Corey to take a swig while no one was looking but he wouldn't. After sitting for an hour I went back for my bloodwork. Apparently they didn't do my prenatal screening(I think they did and just lost it, but I could be wrong) so I had to have 5 vials of blood drawn. The lab tech said that she thinks pregnancy agrees with my veins though since it was easiser to get the blood this time than it has ever been. After that I went back and got my Rhogam shot. It stings bad and hurts for a little bit afterwards but it's better now. I then had to sit for another 20 minutes to make sure I didn't react to that. We were there for over 2 hours. I'm hoping to hear the results of the sugar test today. I also have to start going in every week to have my blood pressure checked AND I'm now having my appointments every 2 weeks instead of 4. I think that will really speed the next few months by.




I was going to have Corey take a picture from the front but I forgot so maybe next week I will do that.

0 comments: