Thursday, August 14, 2008

School has started...

Yesterday was the first day of school and I was so exhausted that I couldn't even blog about it. I'm student teaching until November in a fourth grade classroom. I'm at a rural school with a high Native American population and a low SES standing. It's a very different setting than I've ever taught in before so I think it will be interesting and I will definetly learn a lot.

My mentor teacher is quite the stickler on quiet and doesn't like noise or speaking out or roaming around. It's quite different than how I usually run things, but I think it might be a good thing for this class since they are very talkative. After about a week with her hopefully they will be settled down before I start teaching.

I'm hoping for a smooth semester and I will keep you updated on the funny things they say.

1 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

Good luck! Teaching will be the hardest job you'll ever love. I teach 4th grade & they do say some hilarious things!