Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I've been working on...

Since school is starting soon, I go back on Friday, I decided I better get some projects done that I've been meaning to do all summer. I started out by having Corey strip all our bedroom furniture so I could paint it an off white color. It looks really good, but I did learn that Wal-Mart paint is cheap for a reason, it does not coat very well. He is stripping the last dresser, as we speak, and then I will paint it. I also got new hardware to put on it and also on our Cedar Chest.














Here is a bad before picture. I forgot to take a good one.

There is the other dresser with the new hardware. There is a fake lock that goes where the holes are but they are still drying from being spray painted.

Here is the Cedar Chest with the same new hardware.


And my other project was coming up with something for my jewelry. The way I was storing it just wasn't working since it was getting all knotted up in drawer organzier. I decided to take a bulletin board and paint it the same color as the furniture and then use some ribbon to give it color and then use tacks to hang my jewelry.



I hung it behind our bedroom door so you can't see it but it really looks nice.
I felt really good the last few days and I hope it stays that way!

0 comments: