Tuesday, March 31, 2009

36 week Appointment

Well, besides the face that it took an hour for the Dr. to even get in the room, the appointment wasn't too bad. My blood pressure is back down to a normal level. Corey's on the other hand is not. It was really high today which was actually down from an even higher level yesterday. Needless to say, he is now on blood pressure medicine.

The Dr. said the baby has dropped. My belly measured 36 cm last week and this week it is measuring 34 cm. I didn't know that your belly gets smaller as the baby drops. Then he did the Group B Strep Test which actually wasn't that bad. It was nothing like I was expecting. I'm assuming he will give me the results of that at next week's appointment. This is where things got UGLY. I had my first internal exam which I was expecting to be like a pap. Well, it's not and it HURT BAD! I even yelled ouch at one point. Corey and I were joking as we left about how the Dr. and nurse were probably thinking that I have another thing coming if I thought that hurt. Anyway, I got through it and he said unless I start having regular or painful contractions he won't check me again until 38-39 weeks and maybe I will just have the baby by then. It was traumatizing to say the least and I'm thinking that they better go ahead and get an epidural ready with my name on it.

The last thing is that I'm no longer working. I'm not sure why he doesn't want me to work but I'm not going to complain!

I'm thinking about ordering one of these to wear after the delivery. Corey thinks it's a gimmick but I saw them do a little human lab on Rachael Ray and the lady said it did work and she had had her baby several months prior and it says for best results to start wearing it right after deliver. Anyone have any comments on this product? I would love to hear your feedback.

1 comments:

K-tell said...

Hmm, ok, here's my take on the Belly Bandit. It sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure I would have had the time, energy or brain power to wear it. You're probably thinking "It's not that hard, just strap it on" but girrrrrl, I'm tellin' you now, you'll be lucky if you get to change into clean underwear some days! (Notice I didn't say "you'll be lucky if you get to put clean underwear on after your shower"?! Mmm hmm, it's not just a story that frazzled new mommies tell... it's da truf!)

I say skip it and embrace the new bod that is about to be allll yours! Plus, if you have more kids in the future, it's just going to be that much harder to keep up with. Eventually you'll probably say "screw it!" and hunker down in a hoodie:)