Saturday, March 7, 2009

Childbirth Class

The class went pretty well and I did learn some things. It was supposed to last until 4 but we got out at 11! The TV was broken so we couldn't watch the two videos she had which I think would have been pretty informative to watch, but oh well. We learned some breathing techniques which I'm sure when the time comes I will forget. We did a thing where the husbands were supposed to squeeze above our knee and gradually squeeze harder(to simulate a contraction) until the instructor said the contraction was at it's peak and then gradually let up. While they were doing this we were supposed to focus on one of the breathing techniques. Needless to say, I couldn't focus on the breathing when he was squeezing the hardest! Oh boy, this is going to be a lllooonnngggg labor!

Next weekend is my shower. Corey's stepmom and sisters won't be able to be there since one of his sister's basketball team will be playing in the state tournament, which also means Corey won't be there, since he will be at the game to support his sister. :( I'm a pretty sad about it but I hope they win the championship since it is her senior year.

2 comments:

Justin and Natalie said...

Be thankful you missed the video. I wish I had.

Melissa said...

We did the knee squeezing thing in our CB class too.. the breathing worked for me there.. it did NOT work for real contractions one bit.