Friday, April 10, 2009

Induction

I went for my NST yesterday and the baby did excellent. Her heart accelerations were perfect. I, however, was not doing so well. I told the nurse about some spotty vision I have been having and when she took my blood pressure it was high. She let me lay there through the NST and then took my blood pressure again and it had gone down. My Dr. decided to order a urine sample and my portein level had gone from 1+ on Tuesday to 2+ yesterday. After this he ordered some bloodwork and an u/s. Again, the baby looked great and they are estimating her weight to be 7 lbs 2 oz. We're all hoping she is a little smaller, including the Dr.

After all of this, he told me that he wants me to go back in on Monday to repeat everything that was done yesterday. If things have gotten worse he will induce me immediately and if not then he will induce me, however, I'm not going to share that date so that people I know IRL won't bombard me with calls the days leading up to it or judge the fact that I'm being induced when it isn't even my choice. I had my blood pressure checked today and it was still down so hopefully it will stay that way.

3 comments:

ALicia said...

Exciting that its getting closer! And maybe sooner than planned :)

Justin and Natalie said...

If you have a baby before me I'm going to cry! But I'm glad she's looking good.

Alicia said...

No one will judge you Ashley. The doctor knows whats best for mom and baby