Sunday, April 19, 2009

Introducing...

ZOE CLAIRE!!!






Zoe was born on Wednesday, April 15th at 7:02 pm. She weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz and was 19 inches long. They started the pitocin around 9 am and by 5:30 I was still only dilated to a 1 and not feeling the contractions so my Dr. decided not to wait it out anymore and we went ahead with a c-section. We are both doing good, just trying to get the hang of nursing right now. Luckily, Corey saw one of the nurses from the Dr.'s office at Wal-Mart yesterday and when she asked how we were doing he told her how I was concerned that she wasn't getting enough to eat from me and I was just generally stressed out. She was so nice and actually came over to our house today to work with me and Zoe. She was amazed at how much milk I actually had at this point and after watching Zoe eat she was confident that she was getting enough and that I have nothing to worry about. She still can't latch on without the nipple shield but she is getting milk from it so it's okay to keep using it. I will post a more detailed post later, I'm just really tired and still trying to get the hang of this.

2 comments:

K-tell said...

Ohhh, Ashley! She is beautiful! What a great nurse you have to come and help you out on the weekend... at your house! That is wonderful:)

I'm sure you are feeling a little overwhelmed right now, or maybe in the days to come. If you have any questions or need to chat, you know where to find me!

Big hugs:)
Katie

theenglishgirl said...

Awwww, congratulations, she is beautiful! I hope you continue to do well.
And how very kind of the nurse to come around and help you. Nothing like some reassurance.