Monday, June 22, 2009

I got a job!

Last week I interviewed for a special ed. para job and I got it. It's not my dream job and it's certainly not why I went back to school for two and half years and spent way too much money to continue my education but it's a job. With the budget cuts that the schools are facing and the lack of actual teaching jobs I decided I might as well start looking into my other options.

I'm actually really excited since I won't have to drive anywhere except about 6 blocks from my house, I don't have to be there until 8 and I'm off at 3. That means I leave the school at 3, not stay after to help students, stay after to plan, stay after to get things ready for the next day, or work on grading papers at night. Plus, all the days that are off for students are off for me too! I will work 8 to 3 and then come and hang out with Zoe for the rest of the afternoon/evening. So while I wouldn't complain about doing all those other teacher duties I'm going to love all the extra time I will be able to have with Zoe this way.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you :) We really need to catch up sometime...