Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Frustrated

School is really starting to get to me. I'm not sure if I've talked about it before but I have a very troublesome student. She throws tantrums, throws objects, slams doors, talks with such disrespect and as of this week, pushes teachers. As the student teacher I don't feel like I can do much. The only thing I can do is just to simply ignore her tantrums when I'm in charge (which seems to work with little problems). I'm getting so frustrated because nothing is being done about this. She disruppted class 3 times today, and those were the big tantrums not the little fits. She runs from the school and nothing is done about it. Her punishment usually ends her up spending time with the therapy dog in the building. All the kids would love to spend time with the dog so why let her do it as punishment. UGH! I'm just ready to be done at this school. We have parent/teacher conferences tomorrow and Thursday and I'm looking forward to hearing what the teacher says to her mother even though she has daily contact with her about these tantrums. Only 3.5 more weeks and then I'm done and will not be looking back.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

What does the teacher do? Playing with a dog wouldn't be punishment to me. Hang in there! Only 3.5 more weeks like you said and you will be free! Have you though of where you want to apply?