Friday, November 7, 2008

Stick a fork in me...

I'M DONE!!! Today was my last day of student teaching and I'm so ready for a break. It was a long 12 weeks but I'm sure by the week after next I will be missing my kids and wishing I was still there. We had a ton of treats today. I brought cupcakes, my cooperating teacher brought brownies and we had a birthday in class so that girl brought treats too. YUM! My cooperating teacher stocked me up on stickers, and also a notepad, and cute notecards that are pink and black with a big "S" on the front, and a picture frame that she said is for the baby! :) The notepad cracks me up, it says "I will not yell in class. I will not throw things in class. I will not get mad and hit anyone in class. I will not have a temper tantrum, and I will always be good because I am the teacher, I am the teacher, I am the teacher..."! How true is that? All my kids made me cards in computer class and were so proud of themselves for keeping it a secret for the whole week! It was a good last day and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will definatly be missing the kiddos next week. You get so used to seeing their faces and being with them.. its almost like your not sure what to do with your time. Anyways, I miss you much and wish I could see you more often.
- Alicia

Kristin (kekis) said...

Congrats on getting through student teaching! It can be really difficult. I wish I could take a break from my kids for a while, but even when I'm gone I worry about what they are doing, if they are behaving, if I left enough plans, etc.

Glad to see you're doing well!