Saturday, May 31, 2008

No more blood work

I'm all done with my blood work. My hormone levels were at a 1. YES, no more needles!

In other news, Corey had is 3 month follow-up SA from his varicocelectomy. Bad news, his count only went from 2 million to 5 million. Now, yes it did double but 5 million is not good when the lowest number to still be considered average is 20 million. I'm trying to look at it in the way that we only need 1 and he has 5 million. It was tough blow yesterday but his Dr. is very proactive (luckily) and has several things he wants him to try. One of those things is Clomid. I haven't been able to find much on the internet about about men taking Clomid since it's usually used to initiate ovulation. His doctor just told him to think about it and make an appt. if he (we) decide to give it a try. At this point I'm thinking we should continue to try for 3 more months and have him re-checked at 6 months to see if there are any improvements and then give it a try.

Needless to say it was an emotional rollercoaster the last few days but I'm trying to stay hopeful. It's not easy but I'm trying.

0 comments: