Friday, May 29, 2009

Constipation+Reflux=Crabby Zoe

For the last several days we've noticed that Zoe was maybe a little constipated so last night we finally called the clinic and found out that we can put Karo syrup in her bottles to help her out a little bit. We did this for the next three bottles and VOILA, much better! I never would have guessed!

Her reflux also seemed to be flaring up again. Starting on Sunday she started really throwing up again and it just got progressively worse. This morning I fed her and within about an hour I had changed my shirt three times. You would have thought I would have learned and waited, but she was seriously throwing up so much that I didn't think there was anything else in there to come out. I called the clinic again and asked I could up her dosage of Zantac since she is growing so much.(Using my scale at home by weighing myself and then holding her and weighing myself again, she weighs 8.5 lbs!) They said I could and she will get 1.5 extra mls now. Hopefully this helps. Between scrubbing the carpet and furniture and washing my clothes and her clothes/blankets/burp cloths all day, not to mention all the times we have changed our clothes today I'm exhausted. She's finally sleeping so hopefully her little belly is feeling better!

Here's to a GREAT weekend!