Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sleeping

Now you might think I'm going to update on Zoe's sleep patterns, but you would be wrong. I have always been a belly sleeper and as you can imagine, a few months ago this became very difficult. Once I had to start sleeping on my side I had to use pillows to support myself just so I would not roll onto my belly or back. And then when my feet started to swell I slept with them up on pillows. Add all these pillows to the two I use for my head and that is a lot. Corey hated it! When I came home from the hospital I immediately got rid of the big body pillow but had to keep a regular pillow to support myself so I wouldn't try to roll over on my tummy. Imagine how much that would hurt! I also still had swelling in my feet so I kept those pillows too. Well, eventually I could sleep on my side without support and the swelling disappeared so I was free of all the pillows and Corey and I could actually snuggle again.

This is where it gets good! This morning after feeding Zoe I couldn't get back to sleep. I just wasn't comfortable so I did it! I got up the courage to roll over. I slept on my BELLY! It's been months since I could do that and it felt so good. I will consider this another step closer to having my old self back!

1 comments:

K-tell said...

Bliss!!

I remember being scared too try it too and I didn't even have an incision to worry about! I felt like I was going to squish something inside of me.