Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The economy sucks!

Luckily the failing economy has not really affected us as a family. We can still pay our bills and put food on the table. We are blessed in that aspect and we know it. However, with all the budget cuts that the schools are facing I am really struggling to find a job for next year. I went back to school three years ago to get my teaching license and now all of a sudden, when I'm looking for a job, the schools can't even afford to keep the teachers they already have. The school district in my town had to cut 4 elementary teaching positions and I know the other two districts in the county had to cut some too. I can't find any job openings within an hour of my house. This is starting to get stressful. Corey and I have discussed it and if I can't find a teaching job maybe I will be able to find a para or teacher's aide job, even though they are getting cut too. If that doesn't work out I will just sub full-time again next year, which is the last resort since I know it will be hard to leave Zoe if I don't actually have to. I can always say no when I get called and it will be hard to want to say yes. I also could look for a job using my other degree but I really want next summer off! ;)

0 comments: